We are looking for a passionate and conscientious chef to join this exciting team. This is an ideal opportunity to put into practice what you have been learning. Working with our exceptional head chef you will help to run the day to day kitchen, preparing fresh food to our high standards. Aswell as this you will be preparing for and serving gourmet functions for up to 150. We also run an exceptional Sunday Lunch, showcasing our vibrant and exciting restaurant, drawing customers from across Cheshire to sample the cuisine.
At High Legh Park you will become an integral part of a new and forward thinking team. You will be expected to have ideas of your own, which will feature on our menus. You will have responsibilities delegated by the head chef and you will be expected to keep on top of these.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supply the highest level of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back areas.
- To prepare, cook and serve any food delegated as your responsibility ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times.
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times and ensuring that all records of such are updated and kept.
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to.
- To be punctual for work and report directly to the Supervisor or Manager on duty.
- To be flexible in your work and assist colleagues when required.
- To ensure you maintain your work areas to a clean, hygienic and tidy state at all times.
- To ensure that temperature checks are carried out a minimum of 5 times per day and recorded.
- To carry out daily and weekly procedures.
- To wear the full and correct uniform at all times whether in the public eye or in the back of house areas.
- To protect the Gross Profit % through the control of wastage, stock rotation and portion control.
- To recognise the importance of good stock management/control and its importance in the kitchen meeting its Gross Profit %.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or equipment and report any problems to the Senior Chef on duty or maintenance department.
- To understand how the Restaurant's Health and Safety Policy.
- To be fully aware and adhere to the following procedures: Sickness and accident report procedures, Fire and evacuation procedure
- To comply with all COSHH and safety requirements relating to chemicals and equipment used in the kitchen.
- To attend all meeting and training sessions in which you are required.
- To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors.
This is an ideal opportunity for progression.
If you have the passion for great food and the highest standards then we want to hear from you.
Contact Amy on 01565 830 888
Cleaner required 12 hours a week, Mon, Fri and Sat –
Please contact Sam on 01565 830888 ext 2 for further details.